Beenleigh Community Information
The Beenleigh region continues to enjoy steady growth. The region is strategically situated between of one of Australia's most recognised tourist destinations and the state's capital city. Thanks to the ready availability of commercially zoned land the region is one of the fastest-growing commerce centres in South-east Queensland.
Here are the vital stats:
- Population: 51,996 (2006 Population of Beenleigh, Eagleby, Mt Warren Park, Holmview, Edens Landing, Bethania, Waterford, Bahrs Scrub, Windaroo, Yatala, Stapylton, Alberton, Woongoolba, Gilberton, Ormeau, Ormeau Hills, Luscombe, Bannockburn, Belivah, Wolffdene, Norwell, Jacobs Well, Steiglitz and the Southern Bay Moreton Islands). The 2006 data revealed an increase in the number of Baby Boomers moving to the area in proprtion to other age groups.
- Population continued: A higher percentage of households in the greater Beenleigh area are families (72.6%) compared to Brisbane (69.1%)
- Population growth rate: Estimated at 11% per annum (Source: Gold Coast City Council projections between 2006 and 2021)
- Working Demographics: A considerable persentage of the population from Beenleigh and the surrounding catchment are employed in Retail Trade (16.2%), Manufacturing (16.4%) and Construction (10.5%)
- Median House Price: $335,000
- House Price Growth rate: 12.43% for the 12 months to March 2009
- Schools: 8 secondary schools (3 State/5 Independent), and 11 primary schools (5 State/6 Independent)
- Hospitals: Logan Hospital - Capable of handling more than 32,000 patients a year and more than 320,000 outpatients
- Police: more than 70 general duty officers
- Ambulance: Beenleigh is part of the QAS' South Eastern Region which is served by 463 permanent personnel and 24 permanent stations
- Fire: Beenleigh is part of the South Eastern Region of Queensland which is resourced by 33 fire brigades and 420 full-time staff complemented by 227 auxiliary fire officers.
Business in Beenleigh
The Beenleigh region is an ideal location for your business. Our proximity to the Gold Coast and Brisbane, affordable land prices and educated workforce mean excellent opportunity for investors, developers and entrepreneurs looking to "be part of it".
These two links will provide more information:
The Greater Beenleigh Community
Beenleigh and its outlying townships host some of the friendliest people in Australia. Over 1,000 people a week move into South-East Queensland and it's not hard to see why. Find out more information about some of the great local events being held in the near future with our Community Calendar.
Logan City Council
General Enquiries: 07 3412 3412
Gold Coast City Council
General Enquiries: 1300 130 854